I hear patience is a virtue...

I'm working on an improvised crochet design with a Solomon's Knot (aka lover's knot) stitch. I've been thinking about this for a few months now, because I bought a measly 700ish metres of Noro Chirimen while on vacation in Canmore in May. Usually, to make anything worthwhile to wear, I need at least 1000 metres. I searched around and learned about the Solomon's Knot, and thought, hey, that'll stretch out the metreage for me!

I'm making this cardigan/jacket sideways. The plan is to make rows of these lovely flower-shaped knots, and divide them with rows of half-double crochet. Then, when the pieces are finished, I will turn them 90 degrees, and voila! Columns of flattering colours! At least, that's the plan. I CAN NOT WAIT to see how this one turns out!


Perhaps my lack of patience is the reason I bought yet more yarn at Ram Wools today. I looked at my purchases from earlier this week and thought, "You know, I really should have got more than 4 skeins of Atacama... I know I'll need, oh, 4 more... maybe 5..." Then, I was off to trawl Ravelry to see what I could make with it, and well... anyways... I bought a bunch more stuff. I am SO cut off from buying more yarn until I work through this stash!

Speaking of patience, we drive home tomorrow. It's a long, 13.5 hour drive back to where we live, and while I'm not looking forward to the drive, it'll be nice to be back in the comfort of my regular surroundings. I don't want to say goodbye to my parents, though. Every time I see them, I see how they're a little older, a little slower, and I struggle to hold back the tears every single time I say goodbye. I know I could probably move somewhere closer, but... I need to live my own life, I guess. I just always have to remember to take time and save money to see them regularly.

Ok, before I start bawling, here is a shot of my cute little Rascal on the amphitheatre stage at the Forks. Isn't he a handsome boy? Hurray for Winnipeg!



Comments