Thoughts on a Boring Project


  1. THIS is why I don't make baby blankets.
  2. I'd much rather be going cross-eyed over a lace chart or on a complicated cable pattern.
  3. I'd much rather be spinning/knitting a shawl/having a bubble bath/eating cake.
  4. At least I won't have to block it into shape.
  5. I won't have to block it into shape because it's already the shape of a block.
  6. The baby that gets this better not throw up on this thing.
  7. If I keep having to work on it, I might throw up on it instead.
This is the border for the baby blanket I'm currently making. And yes, I know I probably could have knit it directly onto the blanket edges, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with the stitch pattern I'm using, and if I have to rip out any more stitches for this thing, there is a very real danger it's all going into the trash. It's not helping that I'm sleep deprived and that my eyes keep wandering over to all the pretty fibre I could be spinning.

Oh well. They say that these things help you to appreciate the good things in life. It won't be long before I'm back to making something more interesting.

I promise I'll never complain about a complicated pattern ever again. Pinky swear.

Comments