What About George?

Oh George, how I've neglected you. Since I saw you at Olds Fibre Week last summer, you have languished in your bag, waiting for me to come and spin you into beautiful yarn. I flirted with you for a few days, only to return you to your corner to wait until I finished so many other things...

So many other things.

I'm officially declaring publicly that I am on a yarn diet. And that includes spinning fibre, too. It's just all becoming too much.

I don't like being overloaded with stuff. It stresses me out when it all starts to take up space around me. I know it's getting bad when I have to start thinking about where else I can store my things. It's not there yet, but it's darn close.

This morning, I cleared out a bunch of fabric that was sitting in this basket and relocated it to a closet in the spare bedroom. I've replaced it with my finished shawls and scarves, and then put some more of my yarn stash on top. Then, I made up my mind that I need to work through that stuff as well. All these good intentions, but only clutter to show for it.

So, part of the yarn diet is to try to get through more of my stuff. I can either:
  • Quit my job and knit all day.
  • Grow another set of arms.
  • Knit less complicated projects.
  • Stop playing on the computer so much.
I'm guessing that the last two are my best bet.

Yarn diets are tough, especially when you have a circle of friends who are darn good at enabling you to break them. I think that the next yarn trip into the city will entail much adoration of things I could buy, but maybe more time looking at replacing some of my aluminum needles that I don't really like using anymore, and looking through patterns and projects. One does not need to spend to be happy.

But yeah, it's fun. Sigh.

Of course, if yarn happens to land in my lap as a gift, well it would be rude to refuse, right?

My birthday is coming up next month. Just sayin'...

Comments

YarnKettle said…
Yarn diet luck to you. I'm sure your friends will understand the need to stash down if they understand it causes stress. But it is not really stash if you receive it for your birthday, right?
That is some lovely yarn and fiber, I look forward to seeing what you make of it.