Inspiration Mondays: How to Live Like a Shih Tzu

People love my dog. My hubby spent one day walking around Stanley Park with him, and almost every other person stopped to pet him (the dog, not my husband). Someday, I hope to have as much charisma as my Rascal. I know, I idolize this little furry thing, but if you really think about it, he does a lot of stuff that I think I should try doing as well.
  1. Greet people with joy. - Rascal always meets me at the back door with a toy and a dance. Even my hubby doesn't do that. It really makes me feel loved.
  2. Sniff food before you eat it. - Think of all the instances of food poisoning that would have been prevented with this technique.
  3. If you hear a weird noise, check it out. - Rascal once helped me realize I'd left a tap running in the bathroom. Flood averted.
  4. If you smell a strange smell, check it out. - This is how the hubby figured out the main breaker in the electrical panel was melting.
  5. If you're not sure about someone, hang back for a bit and watch first. - Sometimes, you just need to slow down and be sure.
  6. Ignore anyone who is too much work for you to be around. - Rascal is really good at this. I tried it once with someone who was really high-strung, and it seemed to help calm them down.
  7. If you found a cookie there once, there might be one there again, so you better just go check. - This is a lesson in persistence.
  8. If your bed is uncomfortable, get up and fix it. - You won't get a good night's sleep if you have smelly sheets or your pillows are lumpy. Spend the time to make your bed comfy and you'll sleep much better.
  9. If your tummy is upset, eat a little grass. - If I've eaten too much junk food, I need a good salad to fix me.
  10. Sleep as much as possible and pee whenever you get the chance. - Think what the world would be if we all did this.
I'm so grateful that I've got this little guy in my life. Maybe the next time you feel a little overwhelmed by life, stop and ask yourself, "What would my dog do?" I bet that the answer is just the thing you need to do!


Comments

YarnKettle said…
That is one smart boy you have there. Must take after his Mommy and Daddy.
AdrieneJ said…
If only that were the case! He has taught me a lot!