The Snails Are Passing Me

I'm supposed to be writing about the creative stuff I get up to day to day: knitting, crochet, sewing, writing, drawing, cooking... You know, all that stuff.

I could show you these batts that I made when I went over to Tara's house and played with her drum carder. I could tell you that they've already been spun into beautiful yarn, and that I have all sorts of plans to use them... except, they're still sitting on the dining table, and they've been there for the past few weeks.


I could show you this handspun skein of yarn from my bag of "George" merino, and I could tell you I've already spun up the rest of the bag and have it ready to go for knitting... except, the bag is still sitting under my desk at work, with half a spindle-full of yarn on it, waiting to be filled.


I could show you a freshly-steeked sweater that I started hand-stitching on Saturday morning... except, it's still sitting here with only one seam done.


So, what the heck have I been doing all week?

Um... Exercising. Cooking. Surfing the web. Sleeping. Working. Not knitting. Not spinning. Not stitching. It's already Thursday, and all my projects have been waiting for me since Sunday. If I were going any slower, snails would pass me.

As the Yarn Harlot said recently, "Pro tip: Knitting goes faster if you knit."

Luckily, Tara and dkzack and I are going on a yarn adventure on Saturday. Tara is driving. Woo! Knitting time for me... unless I get distracted by gossip, laughing, and yarn-talk, which is highly probable, but not very productive.

Meh, maybe productivity is over-rated. Or maybe I just need to get back on the wagon. I'm off to find my alpaca-silk cowl project and work a few rows on it. Maybe it'll kickstart the creativity engine again.


Vroom vroom, here I go...

Comments