Stripes Abound

I discovered a new accessory today:


It's not as bad as it looks, even with the dramatic blue tape. My left foot has been bothering me recently. I did what all runners do: ignored it and hoped a bit of creative shoe-tying would make it go away. After my run this morning, I took off my shoe and limped around on it, knowing that I needed to do something about it. I pulled out a roll of this blue kinesiology tape, looked up a video of how to tape my foot, and applied as instructed. Amazingly, the ache is gone. I'm going to rest it a few days and see how it feels, but currently, it feels like a miracle has taken place.

I'm sort of looking forward to a bit of time off my feet, because then I might make a bit more progress on my stripey sweater, which finally has two sleeves:


I used a different method for each sleeve to join each new colour in an attempt to prevent the "jog" from one row to the next. I think I prefer the left sleeve, where I slipped the first stitch after I joined the new colour. It looks cleaner to me, but maybe that's just because I know the difference. I'm also kind of half-and-half about the sleeve cuffs: it looks like I stitched them on, which is the result of starting the 2x2 rib too early, but I think I kind of like the way it looks. 


And yes, there are many, many, many ends to weave in. I managed to get rid of half of them as I knit each sleeve by knitting in the new colours as I joined them, while leaving a tail of the old colour hanging. Still, it took an hour of my Saturday evening to get these ones sewn in and trimmed. Ah, the life of stripey sweater knitting:


At any rate, I am still loving the colours. The gentle tonal variations are pleasing, if somewhat difficult to photograph:


At least knitting each stripe gives me a sense of progress. It's also a handy way to keep time. I learned I can knit two body stripes while waiting for a loaf of Dutch oven bread to bake:


And it takes another two stripes to roast a couple of acorn squashes:


I wonder how many stripes it'll take until my foot feels better? Hopefully not that many, but I'm trying not to be one of those people who runs through injury. That kinesiology tape comes in other colours. If anything, I can tape it up with other colours and have a leg that matches my sweater. How's that for a coordinated outfit? I may not be all that mobile, but durn it, I match!

Sigh, limpy-foot humour is not that funny. I think I'll go drown my sorrows in another cup of tea and knit some more. Send over some healing vibes, would ya?

Comments

YarnKettle said…
Take care of yourself. That sweater is looking great! I really love the color combo.
The bread and squash look mighty fine too. I usually cut my squash in half, remove the seeds and roast the halves. Is it better to slice them or is that just the way you've always done it?
AdrieneJ said…
I roast them like that mostly because it's faster - I'm too impatient to wait for big pieces of squash to be ready! My mouth is usually watering as soon as I open the oven door!